We all go through that phase in life where we make a few bad choices, for some people its unlucky in love, or a wrong career choice or sometimes a tattoo. When it comes to tattoos, you should really think about what you want and find a great artist to do the work, poor quality and tattooing skills really show, you get what you pay for.
1. A poorly designed rose with a fantastic cover-up
2. Not really a bad job to start with, but getting the girlfriend’s portrait tattooed on you are could only spell disaster when the relationship ends, this was a fantastic idea turning her into the devil.
3. Another ex-turned into a work of art
4. Who could forget this tattoo that was dubbed the worst portrait tattoo ever?
Bowling green Tattooist Dennis Foust inked this Tattoo, and in 2013 he explained, “The portrait tattoo getting all the attention today was done several years ago, and happened to be the first portrait tattoo I had ever done. I have many regrets about that tattoo, and my apologies extend to the man who wore it.”
The tattoo belonged to Chad Stahl who was honoring his late wife. The tattoo was later covered up by Scott Versago at Empire Ink for free.
There are thousands of ‘terrible tattoos’ out there here are five tips on getting the best tattoo for you.
1. Be prepared, mentally and physically. Your body is going to be put under a little stress
2. Don’t rush, shop around look for recommended artists, check portfolios and artist credentials
3. Think about what you want, don’t just pick something that you see 5 minutes beforehand
4. Eat a meal and drink lots of water beforehand, don’t drink alcohol beforehand or you could end up on our next tattoo fails.
5. Look after it, get the most up to date recommended ointment and talk to your tattooist for suggestions before getting the work done so you can be prepared.